Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Introduction


            My name is Madison, and I’m a freshman here at Wofford.  Over the past few years, cooking has become one of my favorite hobbies.  I love to search for new recipes to try out and share with my friends and family.  Often, I get inspiration from dishes I see on television shows, websites, or ones I have tried myself and enjoyed. 

            Probably my favorite type of food to make and eat is Italian food.  I find there are countless possibilities for Italian food that are both delicious and not too difficult or time-consuming.  It’s easy to be creative when it comes to making foods like pasta or pizza, which can have just about any flavor profile imaginable, depending on the desired outcome for the dish.  I also enjoy making risotto.  It is a wonderful comfort food for any time of the year.  Fresh salads and bread always go wonderfully with this type of food as well. 

 
In addition to Italian food, I also enjoy making some French and American foods.   Furthermore, I like to eat foods such as Asian or Greek, although I generally do not try to prepare these types.  One of my favorite foods to make is French braised short ribs with gruyere mashed potatoes.  I don’t consider myself a very picky eater.  I eat most common foods except really spicy foods, foods heavy in mayonnaise, and salmon. 

Not only do I like to prepare savory foods, but I also like to make desserts.  I am often drawn to sweet foods, so I enjoy baking and otherwise preparing dessert foods.  Ice cream is one of my favorite things to eat and I like to occasionally make my own also.  Some of my friends and I make rice gelato together and, as obscure as it may sound, the recipe for this treat is one of the best I’ve tried.  I also like to bake desserts such as cupcakes and pies. 

I enjoy trying new foods and new recipes and hope to expand my cooking ability through exposure to diverse recipes and ideas in food.       

No comments:

Post a Comment