Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Interim Conclusion

We have now come to the end of our Recipes and Context interim course.  Overall, this course has been a wonderful experience for me and I feel that I have learned many useful things this past month.  Among these learned items include, measurement techniques, food styling, the mechanics of writing a recipe, and how to make food substitutions in the kitchen.

Going through different resources, such as articles about people in food, videos, and books, has given me a broader idea of all the broad aspects of cooking and food in general.  Also, our sharing blogs with our personal recipes and cooking experiences in class was a great way for all of us to get to know each other in both a culinary and more personal way through the people and stories associated with our food.


My favorite part of the course was cooking meals for each other. We spread these meals out over four days, with about five dishes per day. Each meal generally consisted of one or two main dishes, sides, and a dessert. Also, we enjoyed Thai tea with the first meal. I was very impressed by how delicious all the meals were. Everything that was prepared by the class was excellent.

Looking back at everything I have done in this course, I am proud of all the things I have been able to accomplish with my cooking and recipe development.  This class has taught me several new things that I will be able to use as I move forth in my culinary experiences.  I am happy to have come through this course learning new things and am excited to use them when I re-enter the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment